Henry Purcell: Nine Anthems with Strings, edited by Margaret Laurie, Lionel Pike and Bruce Wood (Purcell Society Vol. 13)
Purcell Society Edition Volume 13 contains the following works by Purcell:
- My beloved spake (both the original and the revised version being
presented in full)
- Behold, now praise the Lord
- They that go down to the sea in ships
- I will give thanks unto the Lord
- O Lord, grant the King a long life
- Behold, I bring you glad tidings
- Blessed are they that fear the Lord
- My song shall be always
- Thy way, O God, is holy (this is, for the first time, published complete with its instrumental movements, which survive only in the rediscovered Gostling Manuscript).
Publisher: Stainer & Bell.
Publication date: 2016
This edition supersedes the original Purcell Society Edition Vol. 13 edited by G.E.P. Arkwright, published by Novello & Co. in 1921 and the edition edited by Peter Dennison in 1988.