Henry Purcell: Sacred Music, Part Two – Nine Anthems with Strings, edited by Lionel Pike (Purcell Society Edition Vol. 14)
Purcell Society Edition Volume 14 contains the following anthems by Purcell:
- It is a good thing to give thanks) (versions with and without strings) (Z. 18)
- O praise God in his holiness (Z. 42)
- Awake, put on thy strength (Z. 1)
- In thee, O Lord, do I put my trust (Z. 16)
- The Lord is my light (Z. 55)
- I was glad when they said unto me (Z. 19)
- My heart is fixed (Z. 29)
- Praise the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me (Z. 47)
- Rejoice in the Lord alway (versions with and without strings) (Z. 49)
Publisher: Novello & Co.
Publication date: 2004
This new edition supersedes the original Purcell Society Edition Vol. 14 edited by H.E. Wooldridge and G.E.P. Arkwright and published by Novello & Co. in 1904. It also replaces the revised edition by Peter Dennison, published by Novello & Co. in 1973.